Saturday, October 30, 2004

Will someone please tell me why I just bought a merino fleece off Ebay, when I have plenty of fiber already? What I have will last me for months, and yet I felt compelled to get another. It just sounds so yummy. Merino, soft, silky fine, tight crimp, bright white....who could resist those words?

I went to the quarterly Textile Guild meeting today, which was fun. The program was by Deb Menz, author of Color in Spinning and Color Works. She's a really dynamic speaker, and had lots of gorgeous samples in all different media. It's amazing what color can do. (It did irritate me, though, that she kept saying "mediums" instead of "media.")

We also had a member sale table at the meeting, which was dangerous. I restrained myself and didn't buy any fleeces or yarn. However. While browsing the $1 table I did get a sleying hook for the loom and a threading hook for the spinning wheel, and some pins. I also got a package of 50 bobbin lace bobbins. Because I so need another hobby. I've been wanting to try this for a while, and cheap bobbins seemed like an omen.

No comments: