Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Woo hoo! I just SCORED at the Thrift Store! I found a Leclerc boat shuttle with bobbin, 8 Handwoven magazines, a cashmere and silk blend sweater, and a dragon Halloween costume for Emma. Total cost? $4.00! For everything! The shuttle is the same model as the one I have- an 11" closed-bottom, but I think it's older, as the slot for the thread has a metal rim, and it looks like it's seen some use. Not that it's in bad condition, just not shiny-new. I may try to clean it up with some steel wool, but really, it could be used just as it is. Yay! Now I have three, because just two days ago I ordered another one off the internet. Talk about timing- I should have waited. Too bad there wasn't a bobbin winder...

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the sweater yet. Probably unravel it for weaving yarn. Maybe I'll use a different warp (silk?) and use the sweater yarn as weft only. I had to get the sweater, just because the yarn is so nice. Very fine gauge, and soooo soft.

Emma is so cute in her costume. It's a little big, but I think we can roll up sleeves and legs and it will work fine. It has a hood that has the dragon's face on it, and a ridge of spikes down the back, and a TAIL. My little green dragon.

We went to playgroup this morning. It was fun, except for this one woman who is so irritating. She knows everything about everything, and everything she knows is right, and don't try to tell her otherwise, because you're wrong. Excuse me, I'm sure. Grr.

2 comments:

waterlilysage said...

woOOOt!! big sis has a blog! very pretty ms.snailspirals!

Sue said...

Yay! Someone is reading my blog!