Friday, November 05, 2004

I have been uninspired the past few days. The election seems to have cast a pall over everything. All I felt capable of doing was knitted dishcloths. Not even fancy dishcloths, just plain ol' diagonal garter stitch. And I only did one, on the night of the election. I was watching TiVo'ed shows, popping back to CNN every once in a while to see how badly it was going. It is gratifying, though, to finish a project the same evening you start it. Alas, the red and blue sweaters, the placemats, the doily- all continue to languish.

I did go to spinning yesterday. There were only two of us there- Maybe everyone else is in a slump too. I got an hour and a half of spinning done, but then I had to go pick up Kai from school.

Oh! The New Zealand "Escorial" Merino fleece I ordered off Ebay came yesterday. It's yummy! Soooo soft! Now I know I don't strictly need this, but I'm really glad I got it. It'll be a great sweater when I get it spun up. I don't know that I've ever seen a raw Merino fleece before, just the combed top I have that's blended with silk. I was surprised at how little grease there seemed to be in it. I mean, there is some, obviously, but it's not caked. Should be fairly easy to wash. Now I can't decide whether to wash it now or wait until after we move. I should wait, but I'd like to see it all clean and poufy.

The most distressing thing that's happened recently was that my digital camera decided to conk out. I don't know what happened, but sometime between last Friday afternoon and Monday morning, it completely stopped working. I packed it up and sent it back to Nikon on Tuesday, but who knows how long it'll take to get it back. Waah! At least it's still under warranty. When you have a one-year-old daughter and her grandparents (and auntie!) are across the country, it's very important to have a digital camera. How else will they keep up with her extreme degree of cuteness??!!!

1 comment:

waterlilysage said...

yes. git that camera fixed pronto ms.mom.