Monday, January 17, 2005

It snowed again Saturday. We got four inches this time! Unfortunately, it was in the mid 40's on Sunday, and pouring rain last night for at least 6 hours. Needless to say, the snow is now gone. We're back to wet Northwest winter, instead of fluffy white New England winter. Oh well. Damp and green is beautiful too.

I knit some on the black handspun alpaca shawl yesterday. I figure I'm probably about halfway done as far as the length goes, but the rows just keep getting longer so I'm actually nowhere near halfway done. It's fun to knit, though, and the pattern is easy. It's very symmetrical and geometric, so I only have to refer to the chart once or twice per row. I knit about an inch and a half on it yesterday, which is a pretty good whack.

I can really tell the difference in the yarn I spun for this two years ago, and the yarn I spun last week from the same fiber. The old yarn is much more uneven, though not too bad. I had only been spinning for a few months then, and it shows. Luckily, I should have enough of the old yarn to finish the shawl.

No comments: