Wednesday, February 23, 2005

OK, I have to write another post just to get that ugly pink sweater off the top of my blog! By the way, there were four skeins of the pink yarn left, if anyone wants it.

I've taken a break from fibery things the last two nights. I don't know if I'm still shell-shocked from the sweater or what, but I just needed a break. Instead, I did some scrapbooking. I am so far behind on my album, it's not funny. Last night I worked on pictures from my wedding- in May, I will have been married five years.

I did make really good progress on it the past two days, though. Monday night I went through all the pictures from the reception (all the pictures from the ceremony are already done and in the album), and organized them into page groups. That makes it MUCH easier to just sit down and do a page without feeling overwhelmed. I pull out a group of photos and know that they all go on one page. Deciding what pictures to use is the hardest part for me, since I hate to exclude pictures. It must be done in this case, though. We had disposable cameras on the tables, and lots of kids at the wedding. There is picture after picture of kids making funny faces, usually out of focus and dark. Even the good pictures that the grownups took can't all go in. Lots of pictures of the same people, and many of them dark.

One more night should finish up the reception, then I can move onto the honeymoon. We got married in Maine, and went to Acadia National Park for a week afterward. One of my "very most favoritest" places on earth. Actually, anywhere in northern coastal Maine is good. My family vacationed there for years, I went to college there, my parents retired up there, and I would live there too if there were any jobs. I'm looking forward to getting the honeymoon pictures in the album. I looked through them again last night, and they're so pretty. Sigh. I miss Maine.

Even after I finish up the wedding and honeymoon pictures, I'll still have a job of work to do. There are three and a half years worth of photos between the wedding and Emma's arrival. Then the millions of pictures of Emma. That's going to be really hard, deciding which of those to exclude. At least most of those are digital, so I can shrink them if I want, and I can just print the ones I want to use.

Speaking of Emma, she had a major accomplishment today. She figured out how to climb out of her playpen/crib all by herself. Oh. Dear. Lord. Thankfully, it's not her regular crib at home, but the little one she uses at the babysitter's. I have to wonder, though, how long it'll take her to figure out the big crib. Since she discovered this new skill, it goes without saying that she had no nap this afternoon. I foresee a cranky evening.

2 comments:

CrazyFiberLady said...

Great idea on the scrapbooking. I bought the supplies when I was pregnant, got a ton of stuff from my serious scrapper sister and have yet to do a single page!

Condolences on the new milestone :) I'm waiting for my twins to start that myself. I did find the boy sitting in his crib this morning with his pajama sleep unzipped to his belly button.

Suz said...

I have a friend who is a scrapbooker.. she gives me supplies, I think about it, I think not to. I will probably scrapbook the wedding pictures. Someday :)

And I'm tempted by the pink yarn. I *almost* think the chiwoowoo needs an ugly pink sweater. And then I remember your descriptions of the texture! LOL