Monday, June 13, 2005

Not too much to report this time. I didn't do anything fibery at all last night. In fact, I went to bed at 8:00, shortly after I put Emma to bed. I did a bunch of weeding in the garden yesterday morning, and took Emma and a friend to the beach in the afternoon. It was really fun- there was a sandy tidepool that had warmed up enough for the girls to "swim" and they splashed around and waded and had a grand old time. But I guess I was tired after all that activity, after a week of doing nothing.

The roses are in full bloom in the backyard, and this one is lovely:



It's a really pale, pale pink, and has the sweetest fragrance. It's a little bush rose, only as high as my knee, and that bud is about an inch and a half long. They open up into ruffly, wide flowers.

I was also able to snap a picture of this Lorquin's Admiral (Limenitis lorquini), a very striking butterfly.



I'm amazed that I was able to get such a good picture of it- it was zipping around quite fast!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sue:

Thanks for the kind words about my cat. Your rose is lovely. In two other homes I had lovely rose gardens but here I figure with the kids I don't have that much time to fuss with roses. I have a big butterfly garden and the other day a swallowtail and a very tiny blur butterfly were visiting. Most of the flowers haven't bloomed yet so i expect more. Check out insect.com for butterfly caterpillars that you can raise. The girls and I love to do that.

Suz said...

Gorgeous butterfly pic! I hope to get my b'fly garden in this week!