Thursday, June 09, 2005

OK, so it isn't the flu. I have strep throat. Now I have had strep before, when I was a kid, and I don't remember it being so EXCRUCIATING. I have never in my life had a sore throat this bad. It was to the point where I could hardly swallow or talk. I tried to read Emma a book, and ended up in tears, it hurt so bad. Then when I finally went to the doctor on Wednesday, they of course wanted to do a throat culture, and I almost passed out. "Oh, you have a very sore throat? OK, here, let me scrape this little stick with a wad of really scratchy cotton on the end way back there where it REALLY hurts. Please try not to gag while I do this. Hey why are you crying?" Seriously painful. There has got to be a better way to test for strep.

Anyway, I got penicillin and Tylenol3 with codeine, and am feeling much better now. Penicillin is a wonder drug. I adore it. It is my friend. I can eat and drink and read to my baby again.

I was feeling so much better today that I was able to spin another full bobbin of singles of the purple Colonial wool, and ply another skein. Yay!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Glad you're feeling better. It's amazing what the drugs can do.

I sympathize with ya because I HATE strep throat. It's one thing that has plagued me from childhood till now. And I am the biggest wuss ever when it comes to the culture, although I have had plenty of practice.