Monday, September 19, 2005

This morning as I was getting ready to head out the door, Emma was playing in the living room. She was nominally watching Dora the Explorer, but mostly bopping around dancing with her stuffed animals. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth when I realized that it had gotten very quiet. This can never mean anything good when there's a non-asleep toddler in the house. I peeked around the corner into the living room and saw Emma, sitting in the middle of the floor.



She had drawn all over the fronts and backs of her arms and legs. While it was Crayola marker, washable and non-toxic, we were literally minutes from having to leave. I ran to get a washcloth, stupidly not taking the marker with me. When I got back, she had continued her creative endeavors.



She was now in full face paint, as well. Thank goodness these markers wash off easily!

--------

Edited to add:
Well, Risa totally upstaged me! Go check out what her kids did!

5 comments:

Grace said...

What a cute kid!

Anonymous said...

too cute!!!

CrazyFiberLady said...

I'm sorry, I just had to laugh out loud here. My goodness! Quiet and non-sleeping toddler equals big trouble. Shame you live so far away, your kid and my kids would get along famously!

gray la gran said...

boy, i bet she would like henna tatoos too! i don't have any kids, but i think i would just grab her up and take her with me, all colored -- what the heck, like no one's seen 'body art' before!

Bonnie said...

Whew! Glad to know my daughter's not the only self proclaimed canvas! Very cute story.