Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Quick post- gotta run because Emma needs to get home for a nap! I just wanted to show off what I did last night.

Remember the felted bag? Well, it's done. I finally had a vision of how I wanted to embellish it. I embroidered a line of lazy-daisy flowers around the top edge, lined it, and it that was all it needed. I wanted something simple and clean, and this works great.



Some people hate making lazy daisies, but I think they're fun. These were purposely each made a little different shape, so it looks like they're dancing.



The lining:




I sewed the lining in entirely by hand so that the stitches wouldn't show on the outside. And the straps are lined to prevent stretching.



This was such a fun project! I can't wait to get to work on the two smaller felted bags from the same yarn. I'm going to do some needle felting on those- I had a bit of a birthday gift certificate left over at my local yarn store, and I got some felting needles this morning. (Because I need another hobby...)

--------
You can also see this bag in my store.

1 comment:

CrazyFiberLady said...

I love the bag! What a great job you did there.