Saturday, November 05, 2005

What does it say about me that I put off plying this yarn until I could photograph the bobbins full of singles?? They were just so pretty that I had to wait until after there was some sun for the photo-op. Luckily, that happened yesterday afternoon.



Full bobbins are such a happy sight. Then again, so is a big pile of unspun roving. And skeins of yarn. Ok, face it, fiber in any form makes me happy. All that potential!

I spun the first two bobbins on Wednesday night, the third and fourth on Thursday, and plied it all last night. This picture seems to show the color best of any of the pictures I took of this fiber:



That’s 13 oz. and 1110 yds. of yarn, spun worsted and slightly thicker than my “default” yarn, but just two-plied so it’s still sport-weight. It’s destined for a knitted shawl with a bit of lacy-ish openwork, unless I decide to just sell the yarn.

I also finished up the first skein of laceweight on my new lace flyer. This is the same 50:50 Merino/tussah silk blend that I’ve been spinning forever. It seems like I’ll never get to the bottom of this bag of fiber- it just keeps going.



This skein is 554 yds. and 1.3 oz, and is about 78 wpi. The lace flyer really makes a difference for spinning this fine. The singles didn’t drift apart once when I was plying.

And look what I have still blooming! The fuchsia baskets that I planted last spring are still going strong....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The color is beautiful!

Liz said...

wow....78 wpi? I find that so amazing (considering the finest yarn I've spun is 22 wpi). What are you going to do with it?
And the cranberry looks delicious. :)