Saturday, December 31, 2005

Another hour or so last night, and the ornament is finished.

Front:



and back:



I really like the way this one came out. The hardanger is #8 and #12 pearl cotton, the tassel is #8 pearl cotton, and the twisted cording is #5 pearl cotton (only two strands, which surprised me. It gives a nice size cord when it twists back on itself.) So I used all three sizes of thread that Shaun's co-worker (Maggie) gave to me.

I hurried up and finished this last night, even though I still have my cold, because I wanted it ready for Shaun to take to work today and give to Maggie. But they're closed for New Year's Eve, silly me. Oh well, I'll take it Monday.

1 comment:

cyndy said...

The ornament is splendid! What a lovely, thoughtful gift...I am sure she will love it, and keep it like an heirloom.