Thursday, December 01, 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Happy December! The snow started about noon today, and continued through the whole afternoon. We have about three inches, on the parts of the yard that weren't shaded by fir trees. Emma was thrilled, and kept wanting to "Go play snow go play snow go play snow!"



The feeders in the backyard were swarming with juncos and chickadees, who left the most amazing pattern of tracks in the snow.



Here's the view straight out from the back deck, over the valley.



The front yard (I keep typing "yarn" instead of "yard") and view across the cul-de-sac were equally lovely.



A fresh snowfall is so pretty. It's early for us to have this much snow, but I expect it'll be gone tomorrow, as it's already starting to warm up a bit.

The shrub rose in the backyard is still blooming, and this bud looked beautiful with its cap of snow.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely. I hear our first big one will be coming Tuesday. (I hope, I hope).

cyndy said...

Just Beautiful!
All we had were squalls today...just a dusting...but it looked so pretty swirlllling around in the wind!

Anonymous said...

So pretty. Dana told me he had some snow in Kent and I knew Enumclaw had some earlier this week. Do you get much snow during Winter or just occasionally?

Thanks for sharing the pictures... I'm a bit jealous.

Suz said...

I hate snow, but your pictures make me so jealous of your place!!