Thursday, February 16, 2006

Well, it's official. Shaun has accepted the job at Eastern Oregon University. He found out today that he was the runner-up at Dickinson, and the guy that was offered the job had a better "pedigree." He's a graduate of Harvard and some other snooty school. While I'm sure this isn't the only reason he was offered the job, it does make one wonder, especially as Shaun felt like his interview went so well. Oh, well, too bad for them. They could have had Shaun, but stupidly let him get away.

Hope that doesn't sound too much like sour grapes. I didn't mean it to, really. It's just a letdown.

I do think Eastern Oregon will work out, and if it doesn't, it's not like we have to stay.

Holy moly, this means we have to move again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always hated interviews. Even when you think they're going well and you're a sure fit, there's often that letdown at the end.

It sounded like Eastern Oregon was nice (except for the tree bit), so I'm sure you guys will be happy there. Will you miss island life?

Anonymous said...

Well, it's definitely Dickinson's loss. But I hope you will enjoy being at Eastern Oregon-- best wishes for the move! I'll be moving myself in a couple of weeks!

waterlilysage said...

darn it, and fooey on them. but i do think you'll be happy there. more impetus for us to see the western reaches i suppose.

Claire said...

Good luck with the new town. I have found it hard to tell about success or not from an interview. There are so many other factors they take into account.

By the way, I love the start of your new lace project, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Cheers
Claire