Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Here's the progress so far. It's not going as fast as I thought it would, mostly because I've had a lot of work-work interfering with my fun-work the past couple days. You can just see the outermost ring of snowflake-y things (they're not really snowflakes, as they only have four arms) starting to appear.



The pattern is this one from Celt's Vintage Crochet. This site is a web treasure, and if you enjoy thread crochet and have never been there, you must go NOW. Hundreds of vintage crochet (and a few knitted lace) patterns, all with pictures and rewritten directions, not just blurry scans of faded originals. Christine offers these patterns free of charge, and in my opinion, this is one of the most valuable sites out there.

There are occasional errors in the patterns (this one has several), but it's a wonderful resource. I'll be emailing Christine my corrections for this pattern, so hopefully nobody else will have the gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair that I have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty. I tried to make a bookmark using thread crochet. It didn't go well.

Glad spring has arrived up there. It sounds beautiful.

PJ said...

Great Job I love seeing the progress!