Monday, March 27, 2006

Quick post. Not much to show. Lack of camera and project at the same place at the same time means no updated photo of the doily. It hasn't really progressed much anyway, because of pre-open-house cleaning. (Open house on Thursday! Eek! People poking through my kitchen drawers and closets! Eek! Am I obsessing too much over this? It is nice to be living in a sparkly clean house, though...)

No progress on the urchin shawl, little progress on the doily, no more spinning since you last saw it. But Emma and I did plant some flower boxes for the deck this morning.

The most exciting thing that has happened recently, is that spring has fully sprung on San Juan Island. The trees are blooming, the bulbs are blooming, wildflowers are starting, the sun is shining, the Pacific treefrogs are calling so loudly in the evenings that it sounds like an invasion, and the air smells like dirt and grass and dew and light. It's SPRING.

I saw the first Rufous Hummingbird of the season last Thursday, and the first Violet-green Swallows today!

1 comment:

Suz said...

Oh! A Rufous!

I just got a buff-bellied that has taken over my backyard. I love hummers, they're so cute.