Saturday, June 03, 2006

My African violet started blooming again yesterday.



This is the first time it's bloomed in more than a year. When I was in Maine for a month last spring after my mom's accident, it got very dehydrated, wilted, limp, and completely hopeless-looking. It lost more than half its leaves and all its buds, and though the remaining leaves recovered within a week of when I returned home and it grew new leaves, it wouldn't bloom.

It needed a quiet rest period, a time out, a break. I can't help but feel that this flower is a hopeful triumph.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been able to get an african violet to bloom. You obviously have green thumb skills in addition to the beautiful crochet and knitting skills.

PJ said...

Not certain of your history on this one...but here's to wishing peace and may that bloom be a bloom inside your heart giving you rest! {hug}

Liz said...

What an inspiring story of healing, Sue.