Monday, July 17, 2006

Ever feel like you're on the Tilt-A-Whirl with no safety bar, no seat belt, and no notion of when the ride will stop? Yep, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

The house is sold. We had to come down a bit on price, but it's still more than we bought it for. One thing that I'm extremely not happy with, though, is the closing date. We close August 4. As in THREE WEEKS. We are not moving to Oregon until September.

Shaun doesn't seem to think this is a problem. I know we will find someplace to stay for the intervening month, but I greatly dislike this uncertainty and disruption. The only good thing is that it saves us paying a month of the mortgage. A friend offered us her barn to store all our stuff, and I think another friend may let us stay in her cottage for at least part of the time. It'll work out, I guess, but it will involve living out of a suitcase for a month.

Three weeks. Even aside from the task of getting the house packed, what is this going to do to my schedule for the urchin shawl??!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck Sue. Perhaps you could take a really really long nap and wake up in Oregon with a perfectly put together house. Normally when we move I get left behind for a month to see to closing the house and stuff or I get sent ahead for a month to see to putting the house together and stuff. Blah It will all come together but pack your knitting on top. You can always buy more underwear.

PJ said...

been there done that!
Our house in FL sold in 15 days (two bids highest got it)...but that was SIX MONTHS before my husband was to rotate...my family and I moved on and rented a house. :( I do feel for you...
Your Cascade trip looked great!

Liz said...

Three weeks? Oh lordy. All I can say is that I wish you all the best. Wow.

At least once you're all packed up and in temporary quarters, you'll have PLENTY of time for the sea urchin shawl. (btw, James found me a lovely one at the coast yesterday.)

rustyconc said...

Congratulations on selling the house Sue! Good luck with the packing up - I know what a headache that is. Perhaps, if you're saving on a month's payment on the mortgage, you can hire a cleaning company to clean the house for you, so you have more time to spend on the shawl.... I did that when I moved out of my apartment in Colombia (okay, granted it only cost about $10) and was amazed at how much less stressful the whole process was. I hope Naya (sp?) and Cobalt handle the disruption alright.
Chris

Yvonne said...

Hi Sue - My goodness, you've got your hands full with the move coming so soon. Good luck & hope you find your new home enjoyable.

Where did you find the urchin shawl pattern? It looks very pretty.

Hannah said...

You must be relieved to have the house sold--but a quick move is always difficult! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the closing date but I'm glad the house sold. I didn't want you to have to do the six-month-plan like I did.