Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I'm up to Row 200 on the shawl! No picture, though, since it still looks like a lace blob. I did a test-stretch the other night, and I think it's about 45" in diameter so far. I finished the first skein of yarn two days ago, and have joined in the second. (That's 1375 yards of yarn knitted up so far!)

I'm still having serious doubts whether I will finish in time, though. I have 20 days to do 90 rows. Let's do a little math, shall we?

90 rows/20 days=4.5 rows per day.

I've been getting about three rows on a good day. Four to five rows really is doable in one day, though, if I didn't have all these other things going on. And if I could stay awake later. I actually fell asleep while knitting on Monday night. Mid stitch! (And it was only 11:00.)

My spreadsheet that I keep masochistically looking at tells me that I am 49.8% finished with the body of the shawl. I need to stop looking at that spreadsheet....

2 comments:

Liz said...

Go Sue, Go!

Just don't hurt yourself.

gray la gran said...

i'm knitting the icarus shawl. i don't have a spreadsheet, but i did make the mistake of timing myself for knitting 1 row, a few weeks ago. i don't think i like knowing how much time a row takes ... and knowing how many more rows i have to knit. and ofcourse, i'm increasing stitches with every right side row ....