Friday, December 01, 2006

I took yesterday off from the urchin shawl. Poor little Emma has been wearing socks on her hands when she plays outside in the snow, because she outgrew her old mittens and her neglectful mom hasn't gotten around to making her new ones. Poor girl. I almost bought her a pair at the store the other day, but couldn't bring myself to pay $10.00 for what were essentially the same as this:



-Brown Sheep Naturespun Worsted, color Blue Knight
-US #3 (3.25mm) needles (Addi circs); smaller that I would ordinarily use for this yarn, but I wanted them dense
-original pattern

I knit these in just under three hours, out of some of the leftovers from the sweater I made my dad three years ago. Three hours and 1.1 ounces of yarn, and I haven't done this before now why???!!! At least she finally has warm hands.

Bad Mommy.

I actually didn't completely take the day off from the shawl. After finishing the mittens (and redeeming my mom-conscience) I did one edging repeat, bringing the total so far to 35. Almost halfway!!

2 comments:

beadlizard said...

My dd's favorite mittens have all been BS Naturespun. Very snow-worthy! --Syl

Unknown said...

Emma is a licky girl. My kids would not recognize hand knit mittens. They lose one or two mittens with such regularity I go at the end of the season and buy up all that I can. maybe it's a disease....