Thursday, March 15, 2007

I have been making progress on Kiri. This is where I stand now, 14.5 layers of leaves complete.



It measures about 20", stretched, along the center point. I'm trying not to think too much about how if I were using the yarn and needle size that are listed in the pattern, I would be done with the body and working on the edging now. It's coming out small, but that's to be expected with tiny yarn and #1 needles.

I do like the fabric, though, very much. It gives a subtle all over design that I think will expand just the right amount after blocking.



The knit side will be the "pretty" side after it's blocked, but it's the back (purl side) that's more interesting in the pre-blocking lace blob stage.



It looks like egg crate. Very three-dimensional.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

I have a question. How do you wear your shawls? I mean, do you wear them with everyday clothes, how do you keep them from falling off your shoulders, etc.

I'm just starting to knit more lace and I want to knit more shawls. I just don't know what to do with them. And, alas, I am a major klutz. So I'm also concerned that I'll tear one up through one of my infamous "accidents".

Kris

P.S. you're going to drop that in a dye pot, aren't you? I just realized that is the one you warned me about. I can feel my blood pressure surging already.

Jackie said...

Thanks for sharing your progress with kiri. It is looking beautiful! After what you said about yarn size, I just may knit one with fat yarn and needles first before starting on my lace weight alpaca yarn. I really need my first lace shawl to be approachable or it will end up as a UFO.