Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I did some more dyeing on Monday, this time some silk roving. Yum.



This is 2 oz, 100% tussah silk, last seen as one of the potential prizes of my New Year's contest. It has been in its Ziploc bag on my desk in the loom room, and I just couldn't bear to see it sitting there all lonely anymore.



Despite soaking the silk overnight, the dye didn't penetrate all the way to the center of the roving, so there is still quite a bit of white, which is not immediately apparent from the pictures. I spun up about an ounce this afternoon, and it's coming out a pretty lavender/green mix. It looks like crocuses.

3 comments:

Laritza said...

It is very pretty. The white will not show as much as you think it will.

Kris said...

Really pretty. I love those colors. Can you show us a picture of what it looks like spun up? I'm dyin' to see. :-)

Leigh said...

Well, you've picked some of my all time favorite colors and one of my all time favorite fibers. Way to go!