Friday, February 29, 2008

Finally, here's the Crocus silk yarn, all plied up. It's only been plied for, oh, I don't know...two weeks? Very pretty, prettier than this picture would lead you to believe; nice and drapey and soft, and I think it's going to be weft in a shawl, with Zephyr as the warp.



Maybe not though. It would also look nice knitted. I can't decide, and my brain is too fuzzy to think about it. Does anyone remember what it's like to not have sinus pain and a sore throat? I thought I was better, but then it came back. Emma's sounding very snurgly again today, too, and put herself to bed for a nap this afternoon. Shaun's on mega antibiotics now, and perhaps it's time for Emma and me to make appointments as well. Sigh.

I haven't felt up to much of anything recently. I tried knitting on my Mystic Waters shawl today, but the graph made my head hurt, so I put it away. The only thing I've been doing is more dyeing, and I have some pretty laceweight yarn in my shop now.


1. Pink Grapefruit, 2. Concord Grape, 3. Peach Sorbet, 4. Buttercup, 5. Rose Mist

The one on the top left corner, Pink Grapefruit, is my current favorite. It looks so juicy. It was an experiment to see if I could make pink and orange look good together, inspired by the grapefruits that were on sale at the grocery store this week, and I think I succeeded.

One more thing I have to show off- my birthday present from Shaun:



Isn't it cute? It's a little not-an-iPod, 1G. It's amazing how much it holds. I spent an evening ripping CDs (that sounds so violent), and was able to put almost my whole, albeit rather modest, collection on it. Fourteen CDs in the palm of my hand! Apparently I have tiny ears, though. The little ear plug thingies keep falling out.

The purported reason for this gift was so I could listen to my own music while working out on non-spin-class nights, and I will use it for that, but I also discovered that it makes yarn skeining go faster as well.

4 comments:

Joan said...

My ear thingies kept falling out too and I do have small ear holes. I got earphones and now it works just fine.

Love the colors especially the lavender.

Caroline M said...

I love the colours on the yarn you clever lady you.

Is it a Zen of some sort, it looks a bit like mine?

Valerie said...

And you'll be able to download Weavecast and any other podcasts you like to entertain you while doing the mundane.

Laritza said...

Audiobooks. Check your local library for free down loads. I am addicted to them.