Sunday, June 08, 2008

I have a couple more actual finished object to show! Wow! It's amazing how things get done when you...do things.

First up is a pair of owlets. How cute are these guys??!! I saw this pattern on Ravelry, and knew I would be making some sooner or later. It seems that last week was the time, as Emma and I were meeting my former co-worker for lunch in the park, and she had mentioned one time how much she likes owls. So I made three, and Emma picked out one to give to her.



These are my own handspun; the gray is Romney/Border Leicester from Friday Harbor, and the cream is Finn from eBay, and is some of my first handspun. The owlet that has left the nest was the largest of the three, same color pattern as the smallest.

I'm not entirely happy with the eye placement on the smallest, and I think the middle sized one would be better with the large eyes I used on the largest owlet. But overall? Such a cute pattern! My mom would have loved these.

Next up is a pair of baby socks, from OnLine sock yarn, 75% superwash wool/25% polyamide, size Small (0-6 mo).



These were mostly knit while camping two weeks ago, the weekend of the triathlon and the giant waterfall. I stupidly started the toe of the second sock too soon, and didn't realize it until I had already cut the yarn and kitchenered the blasted thing together. So it went to time-out for a couple weeks. I took it up again Friday, un-kitchenered it, frogged the toe, and reknit it, this time to the proper length. All better. These will be in my shop, if anyone's interested.

I'll close for now with a picture that makes me smile.



Emma's weaving! I bought her a looper loom a couple weeks ago, and she's been having fun with it. We did the first one together to teach her how it works, but now she's doing one all by herself. Not terribly fast, but all by herself.

I had one of these when I was little, and spent many fun hours making potholders. Unfortunately, Emma's loom came with polyester (or some synthetic) loops, so her potholders are useless as potholders. They do make nice doll rugs, though, and the other day she asked me if it's possible to "make a really lot and sew them together to make a dolly blanket."

That's my girl.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Adorable as can be! From the little owl to the socks to the little weaver herself :)