Friday, September 19, 2008

Once again, I missed my own blogiversary. Yesterday marked 4 years since I started this little corner of fiber fun, with thoughts on Emma and life in general sprinkled through.

Emma had just turned one year old when I started blogging. 1+4=5. She's FIVE!!! How did that happen? We measured weight and height this morning, and she's gained almost two pounds and an inch and a half since the beginning of August! No wonder she's been cranky- that's a lot of growing in a month and a half! At 46" she's almost 4 feet tall. No wonder she towers over all her friends.

When I told her how tall she was this morning, she quickly looked down and said "No I don't! Don't be silly, Mommy. People don't have four feet!"

Anyway, happy blogiversary to me!

I still haven't finished spinning the Strawberry Rhubarb merino, though I think I might be able to finish the singles tonight and rewind the bobbin to be ready to ply this weekend. Provided I can manage to stay awake past 8:30, that is.

We're going to a retirement party tonight, going to a Freecycle-stranger's yard to pick plums (more jam! yum!) tomorrow morning, Emma has a playdate tomorrow afternoon while I make jam, and we're having friends over for dinner tomorrow night.

That's as much socializing in one day as I usually get in a month. Sunday will be for spinning. I can't wait!

7 comments:

Caroline M said...

I have spiced apple chutney in my weekend so I shall think of you while I wash the jars out.

Happy five years, I'm coming up on two myself.

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 blogging years!

Anonymous said...

oops! that's happy 4 blogging years, and happy 5 years of a rapidly-growing Emma!

cyndy said...

Happy Blogiversary Sue!

...I've enjoyed reading along, and watching Emma grow along ...and wow! she really did have a growth spurt!

rizz said...

four feets! hooray!

CrazyFiberLady said...

happy blogiversary!

Cathy said...

Happy 4th! I remember how thrilled I was to find a blogger who spun and crocheted (you were working on the daffodil filet).