Monday, November 10, 2008

Not much to report, really. I had to go into work this weekend because Emma's teacher was sick on Friday and canceled school, and I had Emma all day. She came to work with me in the morning, but I wasn't getting anything done so I took the afternoon off. Which meant, of course, that I had to finish off my Friday work day on Saturday. Blech. I feel all discombobulated now, like today should be Sunday. But no, it's Monday and here I am at work again.

I did a lot of spinning this weekend, contract work for Tanglewood. She sent me 18 ounces of gray-brown cashmere this time, and it was lovely stuff to spin.



I did six ounces Friday, eight ounces on Saturday, and four ounces on Sunday. This pretty much spun itself; easy, relaxed long draw with double drafting, to ~30 wpi. Each 2-oz ball of singles took about an hour to spin. Sweet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Coming from the music background that I do, when you said "Tanglewood," I thought of this instead of spinning: http://www.bso.org/bso/index.jsp?id=bcat5240070

Caroline M said...

That is lovely, I have some cashmere/silk that is calling to me but I have to defrost the freezer and clean out the spare bedroom. I'd rather be spinning.

cyndy said...

Beautiful!

Love those greys....