Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Monday and I'm at work. I'm writing permit applications for two stream modification projects (a diversion dam/fish ladder replacement, and a bank stabilization) that will be built next summer.

Next summer seems a long ways away. I know that if I don't finish these applications in a timely manner (as in: this week), the clients won't get their permits in time and won't be able to do these much needed projects and water quality will get even worse in those streams and the fish still won't be able to get upstream to spawn.

I know all that, but next summer still seems like a long way off, especially when we've gotten 10 inches of snow over the past two days and it is still snowing. All I want to do is escape from my desk with my newly-recovered health, snatch Emma out of daycare, and go sledding. Of course that's followed by mugs of hot chocolate with liberal toppings of marshmallows, a snuggly blanket for two on the couch, a Star Wars movie, and my knitting.

Pesky work. It's just not fair.

3 comments:

PJ said...

I love to here about other peoples jobs!!!! I know it can be routine for yourself, but sounds amazing to me...and important! Steal those moments though when you can...enjoy your snow!

Suz said...

Pesky work kinda sounds like fun to some other people.

We're having unusually cool weather. We got a cold front yesterday, the weather guy said it would drop to the 50s, so I opened the windows. It dropped to the 30s and here I sit in bed instead of packing just like I told people at work I would be doing. Oops.

katierizzio said...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

i cannot wait to partake of the snow and the sledding. tell my niece here we come!!!

love,
k