Monday, August 03, 2009

So things are going along. I'm actually still working part time, because they dug up a project that I can work on. So it could be worse. I imagine we'll manage to squeak by until Shaun starts getting paid again at the end of September (love that 9-month contract).

The afternoons off are nice, and I am getting back to working on yarny stuff. Silver lining, I guess?

I have made two socks (but not a pair):



The bottom one is Dream in Color Smooshy "In Vino Veritas", in a waffle rib pattern (one of my favorites for socks). Gorgeous mottled burgundies and purples.

The top one is my own hand dyed yarn, knit as a test for a new yarn line I'll be carrying in my Etsy shop. It's a 75% superwash merino/25% nylon lightweight sock yarn that knits up well on US size 0 or 1 needles. The colorway for that sock is "Sunny Day", and it's a mini-stripe. This is just plain stockinette to see how the stripes work, but I like it, the yarn was great to work with, and the sock is very comfy. The yarn base passed muster, and I'll be carrying it.



There's not much listed in my shop at the moment, because almost my entire inventory is going to be at Sock Summit! And so am I! Pam at Yarny Goodness is going to have a booth there, and I'm going over to Portland to help her set up on Thursday and provide an extra set of hands if needed during the day on Friday. I'm not going to any of the classes or anything, just the market, but I'm looking forward to it.

Shaun is in Friday Harbor this week, and he has the car, so Emma and I are going to have an adventure and take the bus to Portland on Wednesday, and Shaun will drive down to meet us. I've never been on a non-charter, non-school bus before. I'm very much looking forward to not having to drive that long drive.

And I'm very very much looking forward to a couple days of fiber immersion! Yes, I have put myself on a strict budget.

No comments: