Sunday, April 08, 2012

I love that Emma still so thoroughly believes in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy.  It's not even a question in her mind if they're real.  They just are.

She picked up her room last night so that the Easter Bunny would be able to leave treats in her basket.  I didn't say anything, it was totally on her own initiative.

Every year since she's started school, I've wondered when one of her friends will say something that makes her doubt and takes away the magic.  She's eight now, and I can't help feeling that this might be the last year she truly believes that a bunny leaves candy for her and hides her eggs.  Will she be in on the secret this time next year, or even next December?

When that happens, we will both have lost something precious.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love how she was cracking open each egg. :) Happy Easter to you & Emma!