Monday, July 29, 2013

This mixer is messing with my head.  All I want to do is cook things.  And clean my house while they cook. And organize my kitchen.  I feel like Suzy Homemaker.

(HAhahahahaha. Yeah.... no.  I am so not Suzy Homemaker.)

I am having fun with the mixer, though.

Look what came today!

Pasta rollers for the KitchenAid.

Pasta gizmos!  Back to front, that's the sheet roller, thick noodle cutter, fettuccine cutter, spaghetti cutter, and angel hair cutter, with the ravioli maker on the left.

And LOOK!  There is now pasta!

Fresh pasta from the KitchenAid!

I did that, my very own self! Linguini and thin spaghetti!

Yum!

I cooked some of the spaghetti for dinner. It went straight from the KitchenAid into the pot of boiling water, and literally took only two minutes to cook.  Then I topped it with chopped fresh basil, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese. 

So very yummy.

Even Emma, picky eater extraordinaire, declared that it was the best pasta ever.  I feel that this is a real accomplishment on my part, since normally she only likes one very specific kind of pasta with one very specific kind of jarred tomato sauce. Broadening her palate!  Triumph!

Plus, I MADE PASTA!

2 comments:

aknitter said...

WOW... you are on a roll!!! You're gonna need a bigger kitchen before long.

cyndy said...

...and now you have given me pasta machine envy! Looks terrific!