Sunday, October 18, 2015

Oh yes, I did.

Today I made this.

Fresh homemade mozzarella

That is home made fresh mozzarella cheese, my very first attempt ever at making cheese.  It was so easy, and tastes fantastic!

Then I took a quarter of the cheese and made this:

Caprese salad. Home grown tomatoes and basil, home made mozzarella.

Three kinds of home grown tomatoes, home grown basil, home made mozzarella, olive oil, salt, and cracked pepper.  Oh, my.

Then, since Emma was across the street playing with friends, I ate it all up by myself.  Yes indeed I did!

4 comments:

Anne said...

That is awesome!!! I want to learn how to make cheese.

Chris said...

Me too! It's hard to get fresh mozzarella where we live... soooooo yummy!

Leigh said...

I was quite pleased to find your comment on my blog and came right over to return the blog visit. I hadn't heard from you in awhile and I don't get out much anymore, LOL. I was scrolling through your posts and when I got to this one had to comment. Your mozzarella is beautiful! Well done for a first cheese. That salad looks absolutely fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! I recently came across a recipe for Paneer cheese which I suspect is very similar, if not the same as your cheese. I bought milk to make more today. :) I should look up a mozzarella recipe. Did you add any salts or flavors/herbs?