Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Appalling

Thanks to They Might Be Giants, this has been the theme song of my day.

 "This is where the party ends
 I can't stand here listening to you
 And your racist friend
I know politics bore you
But I feel like a hypocrite talking to you
And your racist friend."

To be honest, I'm not a very political person.  I vote, and do my research beforehand, but political discussions are not something I enjoy.  It doesn't help that any of that sort of conversation with some (not all) of the people I'm in contact with on a daily basis tends to infuriate me.

I generally try to let it roll off my back and tell myself that a diversity of viewpoints is a good thing, but I reached the end of my tether this morning. I left the hallway conversation with this song running through my head.

No comments: