Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Black Pearl

Amaryllis number 23 for the year is the long-awaited Black Pearl.

Black Pearl amaryllis

I must say, I'm a little disappointed in this one.  While it's pretty, it's not the dark, dark glorious red that I was expecting.

Here's a comparison of Grand Diva (left) and Black Pearl (right).

Amaryllis:  Grand Diva (left) and Black Pearl (right)

Grand Diva is slightly darker and Black Pearl is slightly bigger. 

Does that sound familiar?  I thought so.  Here's a picture I showed a couple weeks ago, of Grand Diva (left) and Queen of Night (right).

Amaryllis Grand Diva (left) and Queen of Night (right)

According to this, Black Pearl is pretty much identical to Queen of Night. Of course, there's always the possibility of mislabeled bulbs, so who knows.  I have three other Black Pearl bulbs, so we'll see if they look the same as well.

I still like Red Pearl best.

No comments: